- When was the Town Hall built?
- Who were the former owners of Oak Hill Country Club?
- When was the most recent Erie Canal break in Pittsford?
- Where can you find the word "Hylgarth" written in the village?
- What was located at 19 Monroe Avenue before Messner Carpeting?
- What are the names of the Town founders?
- When did the Town of Pittsford celebrate its Bi-Centennial?
- How many chimneys are on the Phoenix Building?
(located on South Main St., opposite Town Hall)
- What was located at 24 State Street prior to the Pittsford Community Library?
- What was the Hawley Farm (now Pittsford Farm Dairy) noted for?
- What was the previous name of Thirsty's Bar?
- What was located at 21 Main Street prior to the Village Hall?
- What kind of tree was depicted in the pre-2006 Town of Pittsford logo?
- What was The Grange?
- In what year did the last class graduate from Lincoln Avenue School?
- What single village structure has housed a doctor's office, attorney's office, library, nursery school, florist, travel agency, bakery, and served as a private residence?
- Where was the Pittsford trolley station located until the line was discontinued in 1931?
- Where in the village can you find a horse block?
- In what year was the Phoenix Hotel nearly gutted by fire?
- What village fixture did the Women's Christian Temperance Union donate to the Town of Pittsford in the 1930's?
- How did King's Bend Park get its name?
(Currently the only town park with lodges that the public can rent)
- What is currently located on the original site of St. Louis Catholic Church?
- Where in Pittsford did a freight train and passenger train collide on the night of Baccalaureate June 23, 1907 resulting in 5 fatalities and 17 injuries?
- What is Penn Street known by today?
- Cars manufactured by what company were sold at Thornell's Garage (circa 1920)?
- How many cemeteries are in Pittsford?
What are their names?
Where are they located?
- Originally named Northfield, who changed the name to Pittsford in 1814?
- Not counting Northfield and Pittsford, by what two other names has our community been known?
- When did the renovated Town Hall open?
- What street used to be called Johnny Cake Street?
- Which of these figures was the total Town budget in 1895?
( $2,200 $3,200 $4,200 $5,200 )
- Pittsford, one of the oldest communities in western New York, traces its early history to 1789 when Simon and Israel Stone purchased 13,296 acres.
How much did they pay per acre? ( 36¢ 87¢ $1.59 $3.40 )
- What was the relationship between Simon and Israel Stone?
( brothers cousins father and son unrelated )
- Where in the town can you find a barn that was built in 1842?
- What business was begun by partners Wadhams and Rand?
- Where was the first spadeful of earth turned to start excavation for the Erie Canal?
- How many miles long was the original Erie Canal?
- How many feet deep was the original Erie Canal?
- When construction began on the Erie Canal, and who was governor of New York State?
- What is the number of the lock at Clover Street?
- The Erie Canal connected what two cities?
(The east and west end points)
- Construction of the canal began on July 4, 1817.
How many years did it take to complete the project?
- What major construction hurdle presented itself in Pittsford?
- What were passenger boats on the Erie Canal called?
- How much did the original Erie Canal cost New York State?
- How many men from Pittsford served in the Civil War?
- What was the name of Pittsford's first subdivision?
- Where is the Marquis DeNonville historic marker located?
- Approximately how many residents does the Town of Pittsford have?
- An historic marker commemorating the First U.S. Patent ever issued was displayed in Pittsford. Where was it located and why was it removed?