All exemptions are part of, and administered according to, the NYS Real Property Tax Law.
Exemptions must be applied for and filed with the Assessor’s Office on or before March 1 in order to affect the applicable year’s taxes.
For additional assessment and exemption information please see the links below:
- RP-524 Complaint on Real Property Assessment form
- Town of Pittsford Property Sales Report
- 2022 Tentative Assessment Roll
- NYS Real Property Cycle
- Real Property Assessment Data – Monroe County Property Portal
- Exemption Information
- NYS STAR Exemption Information
- Application for Volunteer Firefighters/Ambulance Workers
It is the function of the Assessor’s Office to follow the NYS Real Property Tax Law. This requires us to maintain real property inventories, and set assessments on an annual basis, to insure the most equitable assessment possible. The Town assesses at full value.
If you have any questions regarding assessments or exemptions, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 248-6230, Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Mission / Vision Statement
To serve our customers, both internal and external, in a courteous and professional manner.
To communicate our message in a clear and concise manner.
To be an office that is highly respected for its integrity and accuracy.
To be an office that will exceed the expectations of its customers.