Tidbits from the Brighton Pittsford Post (ca 1930's)
In 1791, William Hincher and his son came to the Genesee country from Massachusetts with ox-team and sleds, by way of Seneca Lake and Catherinestown to Irondequoit. The following year, he built the first log cabin on the west side of the river and here he lived for many years with his family, a son and seven daughters. One of these daughters, Sarah, married Stephen Lusk who came to western New York with his father when only 12 years of age in 1788.
The couple settled south of Pittsford village on the farm now owned by their great grandson, Harry Lusk, and on last Saturday about 63 of the descendants of William Hincher gathered at the Lusk homestead for a family reunion, coming from various points all over western New York.