REGISTER WITH MONROE COUNTY TO ACCESS PITTSFORD TOWN DOG PARK
Dogs must be licensed before registering
Pittsford's first-ever dog park is now open and features two off-leash areas, one each for large and small dogs. Dogs have access to play structures and water fountains and owners can relax on benches and use picnic tables under shade trees. The facility includes a dog wash station to hose off muddy paws and coats. The park is located on the Town's trail system.
Please note NYS law requires that dogs must be licensed in their home municipality. Pittsford residents can license their dog/s with the Town Clerk at Town Hall, 11 South Main Street; find licensing information at www.townofpittsford.org/animal-control/dog-licensing. Dogs must be licensed before they can be registered with the County to participate in the Dog Park system.
To register your licensed dog for access to the Pittsford Town Dog Park and other Monroe County Dog Parks:
- Dog park registrations and renewals can now be completed online and paid with a credit card. Visit www.monroecounty.gov/parks-DogParks to register.
- Visit the Monroe County Parks Department, Monday - Friday (year-round) from 8:30am - 4:30pm, at 171 Reservoir Avenue, Rochester, NY, 14620. There is plenty of free, off-street parking at this location.
- Bring a copy of a currently valid license for each dog showing the owner's address and a current rabies vaccination certificate for each dog from a veterinarian or clinic.
- Registration is $24 per dog annually. Payment is by check, credit or debit card, money order or with cash. There is a $1.00 service charge for payment by credit or debit card. All fees collected go to the Dog Park Trust Fund and are devoted solely to dog park maintenance.
- Additional registration events are held throughout the year; visit the Monroe County Dog Parks web page for dates and locations.
The Pittsford Town Dog Park is located at 34 East Street and is open year-round from 7:00am until dusk. Find registration info on the County website at Monroe County Dog Parks web page.
In keeping with the Town’s commitment to walkability and bikeability, two Town trails connect to the new dog park. Town crews have improved the existing parking surface at the location for those who need to drive to the site. The Town’s Recreation and Land Fees Trust Fund reserve paid for the $160,000 project budget. This is an existing Town fund developers contribute to for the development of parks, playgrounds and recreational resources.
Click the link to see a rendering of the Pittsford Town Dog Park.