2013 Yard Debris Collection Information
EARLY SPRING CLEANUP
Beginning April 1 and continuing through May 2
- Loose piles of leaves, thatch, brush, branches and yard debris will be collected.
Please note: crews will pick up both loose debris and / or containerized debris during this time.
Collection dates: Loose Brush and Branches: May 6 - Oct 7
Bagged / Containerized: May 6 - Dec 2
- Please use paper bags or reusable containers.
Composting sites do not accept plastic bags.
- Grass clippings, weeds and small yard debris must be placed in a container.
- Weight, including yard debris, must not exceed 50 lbs.
- Cuttings must be less than 3 feet in length and tied into bundles.
- Brush and branches may be put in loose piles.
They must be less than 8 feet in length and less than 8 inches in diameter.
Collection dates: October 21 - December 6
- Our crews will be in your neighborhood approximately every two weeks to collect loose leaf piles. Consolidating small piles of leaves into larger piles will help expedite leaf pick up. During this time, crews will continue to pick up yard debris every week if it is placed in a bag/container and separated from your leaf piles. It is important to keep leaves and yard debris separated, as yard debris can damage our leaf vacuum. Please note that loose brush will not be picked up during this time.
- Leaves are collected by quadrant (NW, NE, SE, SW). Crews move clockwise throughout the town. Quadrant maps and street lists are displayed at the bottom of this page.
Wood and leaf mulch generated by the Town’s yard debris recycling program are available FREE of charge to residents who visit the East Street storage site adjacent to the Little League fields.
- There will be no collection on Memorial Day and Labor Day. Schedules will shift by one day following the holiday.
- We encourage residents to place yard debris behind the curb or gutter to avoid blocking drainage pathways or impeding traffic flow in your neighborhood.
- Yard debris must be out by 6AM on your scheduled day to ensure proper collection.
- If you live on a private drive, please take materials to the nearest public street.
- We do not collect stumps, rocks, stones, metal, lumber, plastics, glass, fencing or waste materials. PLEASE NO SOD.
- Our schedule may vary slightly due to weather conditions and volume of debris. We appreciate your patience.
- Yard debris generated by hired contractors must be removed as part of their service.
This material may be taken to Pittsford's Highway Department, 60 Golf Avenue, weekdays from 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
TOWN QUADRANTS and STREET LISTS
Leaves are collected by quadrant (NW, NE, SE, SW). Crews move clockwise throughout the town. Quadrant maps and street lists are displayed below.
|Each year beginning in March and ending in December, the Town of Pittsford provides a valuable recycling service to residents - the collection of yard debris. In the spring, a brochure is mailed to homeowners to inform them about program guidelines, service dates and descriptions.|
|If you have questions or concerns about this program, please call the Town of Pittsford Highway Department at 248-6270.|
|Paul Schenkel, Public Works Commissioner|